The most obvious benefit of masonry is its beautiful look and timeless appeal. But there are many other more practical reasons to build with masonry.
Here’s a look at some of the key benefits:
- Energy efficient – Homes stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. This all adds up to lower utility bills.
- Weather proof – Masonry stands tall in the face of hard winters as well as the extreme heat and intense sunlight of summer.
- Low maintenance – Masonry requires significantly less maintenance (almost none) compared to other materials.
- Fire resistant – Masonry doesn’t burn.
- Superior sound proofing – Blocks out noise better than other materials.
- Lower insurances rates – Because of the other benefits, insurance companies frequently give discounts on homeowner’s policies.